As a responsible operator, we recognise the impact we can have on the local and global environment.
We are committed to continuously improving our environmental performance throughout the Stew & Oyster business and in accordance with both environmental legislation and the below objectives.
- Where ever possible, we source products from local suppliers to ensure the products we supply are produced with as low a carbon footprint as possible.
- We reduce energy consumption by using energy efficient technologies were ever possible.
- Throughout our business we use electronic methods of communications & look to remove paper consumption where ever possible.
- We recycle as many products as possible.
- Where possible, we collect food waste to be used in the creation of bioenergy.
- We have replaced many plastics from straws through to waste bags and replaced them with bio-degradable plant-based alternatives. We will continually look for future alternatives of plastics that aren’t currently available and aim to be 100% plastic free.
- We work hard with all of our suppliers to look for more environmentally friendly options at all time.